Allows compliance with IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033, which details recommendations for handling, packing, shipping and use of moisture/reflow sensitive surface mount devices.
Eliminate "popcorning" and micro-cracking of ICs and BGAs during reflow by using Active Desiccant component drying and storage, rather than baking.
Active desiccant cabinets offer the best solution for storage and drying
Our cabinets are equipped with a new desiccant rotor system incorporating our own "MTX-Flow" technology. This new development is more efficient and faster reacting than our competitors. This unit is installed inside the cabinet to keep the internal humidity between 1% and 3%RH.
Benefits of the ACTIVE desiccant system:
- No need for moisture barrier bags, nitrogen, compressed air.
- Less complicated than baking: Reduces oxidation.
- Can use low temperature packaging.
- Suitable for compliance with IPC/JEDEC standard J-STD-033C.
- Meter for internal humidity and temperature included.
- Closed loop control of internal humidity.
- No "off" time. The desiccant will always be absorbing moisture.
- Continually regenerating molecular sieve desiccant.
- Fast recovery time after a door is opened (2 minutes).
- Very accurate humidity display +/-1%RH (Normally only +/-3%RH with our competitors!)